The Youth SIG (also known as Youth Observatory) is participating at the Global Stakeholders’ Dialogue as a National Strategic Partner for Argentina for the We The Internet. This initiative is launched by Missions Publiques, a high impact social entrepeneur founded in 1998 and localy boosted by our Regional Engagement Director for Latin America and the Caribbean region Eileen Cejas in Argentina.
We, The Internet is a two phases global event: first, there was the Global Stakeholders’ Dialogue in June 2020, and the second phase is composed by the Global Citizens’ Dialogue, happening in October 2020.
Global Stakeholders Dialogue
At the Global Stakeholders’ Dialogue, stakeholders from around the world participated in the deliberation regarding the three model of arquitecture of digital cooperation, which were picked by the High Level Panel in Digital Cooperation of the UN to be discussed by the global stakeholders. The second phase is composed by the Global Citizens’ Dialogue, happening in October 2020.
After the Global Stakeholders’ Dialogue, the gathered recommendations made by the attendees of the event were compiled into a report, which was shared as one of the recommendations collected by the German government as part of the High Level Panel follow-up process. Moreover, the results of the event are part of the process for the Roadmap of Digital Cooperation issued by the UN Secretary General’s office.
Some of the recommendations collected at the Global Stakeholders’ Dialogue were:
1. A shift is required towards a hybrid architecture for the future of Digital Cooperation.
2. Providing the right resources in a fair way is key to impactful Digital Cooperation.
3. Improving effective inclusion must be at the heart of governance reform.
4. Greater coordination and cooperation is required between stakeholders and the different bodies.
5. Transparency and guidance are essential in navigating the complex system.
6. Trust must be established with transparent, fair coordination and effective, stable leadership.
7. The IGF+ needs to move from a discussion forum to a decision-making body.
Upcoming Global Citizens’ Dialogue
On October 10th and 11st of 2020, the Youth SIG in Argentina will host the local version of the Global Citizens’ Dialogue, where inhabits from all around Argentina will discuss these thematic areas:
-Internet and me
-Digital Public Sphere
In order to introduce attendees into these themaric areas, the We The Internet Argentina team will facilitate an online introductory webinar (‘Conversatorio virtual’) on August 17. More details on registration are available here (only available for Argentina).
If you are from Argentina, you can check the We The Internet Argentina website for further details : www.wetheinternet.com.ar.
Other countries and organizations participating of this initiative:
- Uruguay: Youth IGF Uruguay
- Brazil: Delibera Brasil.
- Bolivia: ISOC Chapter Bolivia
- Ecuador: IGF Ecuador.
- TICS Legal: Venezuela
- Haiti: ISOC Chapter Haiti
- USA: Arizona State University
- Canada: SecDev Foundation
- Russian Federation: Higher School of Economics.
- Finland: Open Knowledge Foundation
- Ireland: University College Cork
- France: ISOC Chapter France.
- The Netherlands: Radboud University
- Spain: Delibera
- Portugal: Universidade de Lisboa.
- Italy: Politecnico di Torino/Agenzia per l’ Italia digitale.
- Switzerland: ISOC Switzerland
- Serbia: ISOC Chapter Serbia.
- Romania: geyc.
- North Macedonia: IGF North Macedonia
- Ukraine: The Influencer platform
- Moldova: Digital Governance Association.
- Pakistan: Youth Umbrella.
- Vietnam: Viet-net ICT
- Bangladesh: Move Foundation.
- Philiphines/Malaysia: The Io Foundation.
- Papua New Guinea: PNG Digital
- Australia: University of Melbourne
- Yemen: Nadia Al-Sakkaf.
- Egypt: Cairo Graduate College
- Tunisia: Hack/Hackers
- Senegal: ISOC Senegal
- Cote d Ivore: Forum sur la governance d’ l’ Internet.
- Chad: House of Africa.
- South Sudan: ICT4D Network
- Madagascar: ISOC Chapter Madagascar.
- South Africa: GirlsHype Coders
- Namibia: ISOC Chapter Namibia.
- Kenya: Barrack Otieno.
- Cameroon: Health Angels.
- Togo: Global Youth Network.
- Nigeria: Olumide Babalola.
- DR Congo: Droits Humains Sans Frontieres
- Lituania: Knowledge Economic Forum
- Latvia: Envilat
- Denmark: https://unfoldingevents.com/
- Germany: Missions Publiques
- Belgium: Le monde des possibles